Sunday, August 5, 2012

All about June

JUNE was a busy month.  A great month.  Productive yet relaxing. 

MATT's BIRTHDAY -
We kicked the month off at Reynolds (Cindy & Otho's) celebrating Matt's birthday.  We spent some time by the pool and out on the lake.  Matt & Jill's friends, Heath and Julie, came down to hang out for the weekend.  We all had a good time.  Just saying - the dinner conversations after a full day out on the lake [drinking] is always an entertaining experience.  Jenni and I have thoroughly enjoyed experiencing them sober. haha.  Here are some pics:




BABY SHOWER -
A few weekends later I traveled to Pinehurst for my baby shower!  April, Sarah, Megan T and Emily hosted the most amazing shower.  It was at Bonnie's restaurant, The Market Place, which made for the perfect venue.  I had a great time and was overwhelmed by the effort so many people made to be there for me and to celebrate little baby Tucker.  There were quite a few people who traveled a long distance just to be there for the day.  It was awesome to see so many friends and family members I hadn't seen in a while and I finally got to meet my cousin, Katherine's, twin babies, Brooks and Lily.  After the shower, we went back to mom and dad's where all my gifts were stacked up in the dining room - I felt almost stingy and was amazed by the HUGE piles.  Everyone was more than generous to me, Will and Baby Tucker.  I have to comment on how many hand-made gifts I got.  Grandmother Smith knit the sweetest little hooded sweater that zips up the back and a Baby Boy Bunny (I have the Baby Girl Bunny she made me when I was a little girl).  Cindy knit our little man a sweet green baby blanket with bunnies knitted into the fabric and Mrs. Bishop made him a precious toboggon.  And finally, Daddy made him a kid's sized little picnic table that's just so freaking cute and special.  Here are some pics from the shower:



Food Table - food was amazing!
Ella Grace sitting at the table my Dad made

Group shot of the girls
Katie, Syd, Megan Grier & Sarah

My Aunts!


Jogger from Mom & Dad - doubt I'll be in a dress and heels next time I'm pushing this thing :)
Best Hostesses

Me & Mama

Handmade sweater from Gmother Smith

Handmade Bunny from Gmother Smith

Handmade bunny blanket from Cindy :)
Me, Emily & April hanging out after the shower :)

FATHER'S DAY:
Father's day was the Sunday after my baby shower.  It was a beautiful day - we spent the afternoon at Grandmother's by the pool. Pics below...  Will wasn't able to travel with me that weekend so he spent his first (half) Father's Day alone.  But, I left him this sweet gift and a card from our soon to be son. 

'I Love Daddy' onesie and card for Will's 1st Father's Day





Sadie sitting at the table my dad made for Baby Tucker - so cute!

April took this - she is documenting my belly growth :) Thanks Ape!

Carter and Connor chatting it up over lunch - so funny!




BABYMOON -
I took the week following the baby shower/Father's Day off from work and hung out in Pinehurst visiting with the family (including Sarah who was in town from Chicago for the week!) until Wednesday.  Will flew into Raleigh on Tuesday night and we headed to the Isle of Palms, SC on Wednesday morning for our Babymoon.  It was a great vacation.  We parked the car on Wednesday when we got there and only used it once one night to go to dinner 1 mile away.  Isle of Palms basically has one small strip of hotels and restaurants so Will and I basically ate breakfast, lunch and dinner within steps of our hotel every day.  We stayed on the beach everyday for 6-8 hours.  I drank virgin daquris and milkshakes and Will enjoyed his cold beer.  We went on walks (well, I walked and Will ran :)  We rented bikes for a few hours one day and we played a few games of Bocce Ball.  For the first time (probably ever), I had to rent an umbrella and stayed covered for most of the trip.  Don't know what it was but, no matter how much SPF I put on, the sun was absolutely frying me... I did some 'What to Expect, Baby's First Year' reading and called out interesting info to Will when I came accross anything important.  We did a lot of people watching and realized we're getting old... I was completely annoyed by the college-aged "kids" in general, but specifically the way they were sharing their cigarette smoke with me... and a group of cute young college girls referred to me and Will as 'Mam' and 'Sir'.  I did a double-take, my eyes got wide and I said to Will 'did you just hear that, did that just happen?' haha.  I know I'm clearly pregnant and I was sitting under an umbrella (whereas they were spraying oil all over themselves) but, I'm only 28 years old so it was only natural for me to blame Will for the 'mam/sir' reference :)  Anyway, it was funny. Pics from the trip:








That's a wrap for June.  Read the July post for details on Mom & Dad's trip to Atlanta, the Reynolds baby shower and April's visit to Atlanta....

No comments:

Post a Comment